F+U Academy of Languages Heidelberg
Learn English in Germany
The F+U language school is situated in the middle of the university city’s historic centre, and just a few metres from the Neckar.
Today, the F+U Academy of Languages is one of the largest language schools in Germany. Every year, over 10,000 language learners and exam candidates a year participate in the language courses and examinations, and learners from over 100 countries participate in the German courses. Thanks to its internationality, the school gives learners a unique opportunity to meet people and find out more about their language and culture, and to put new language skills into practice – between classes or enjoying a break in the school’s atrium, for example, or taking part in the cultural sporting activities we offer several times a week.
With 70 multimedia-equipped classrooms (up to 85 in summer), 3 Internet rooms with 50 PCs, free Internet access and Wi-Fi, and a central location in Heidelberg, the Academy of Languages has everything to ensure that the language learning experience in Heidelberg is an exceptional one.
Several halls of residence with around 500 rooms, apartments, a school-owned hotel and several host families offer year-round accommodation to learners arriving from all over the world.
Specialising in German as a Foreign Language, the F+U Academy of Languages is one of the world leaders in the provision of German courses, whether in the form of intensive lessons in the mornings and afternoons, or extra-occupational evening courses.
As an international test centre, the Academy of Languages stands for exceptional quality in language teaching. Alongside the best-known assessments such as TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and TestDaF (Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache), the language institute offers the following examinations: telc (The European Language Certificates, including C1 Hochschule, Zertifikat Deutsch, Zertifikat Deutsch für den Beruf), TOEIC, LCCI (London Chamber of Commerce and Industry) exams, ECDL (the European Computer Driving Licence), TestAS (aptitude assessment for international applicants for higher education) WiDaF (Test Deutsch in der Wirtschaft) and OnSet (online placement test for German and English).
The intensive and evening courses are offered year-round and are attended by employees of international companies and research institutes such as SAP, Lufthansa, Heidelberger Druckmaschinen, HeidelbergCement, Siemens, Daimler, NEC, Heipha, Brunel, BASF, EMBL, HITS, the DKFZ, Heidelberg University and many more businesses and scientific institutes. International sports stars from the region’s well-known sports club, including 1899 Hoffenheim, Rhein-Neckar-Löwen and SV Sandhausen participate in the Academy’s German courses.
One outstanding feature of the Academy is the Vocational College for Foreign Languages, founded in 2004, which offers the opportunity to study full time towards the following state recognised qualifications: Fremdsprachenkorrespondent/in (Foreign Language Correspondence Clerk), Europasekretär/in (European Secretary), Welthandelskorrespondent/in (Multilingual Correspondence Clerk) and Translator. F+U is the only education provider in southern Germany to offer state recognised vocational language training for Japanese. Recognised status has also been awarded for Chinese, English, French, Spanish and Russian.
The F+U Academy of Languages offers internship programmes within the framework of Erasmus+. This EU programme gives young people the chance to participate in a language course abroad in either another European country or in Heidelberg, and then complete a commercial internship.
The Academy of Languages rounds off its range of courses with the organisation of language tours and the International Prep School (preparation for the external Feststellungsprüfung university entrance exam).
Your reasons for choosing F+U – the key features at a glance
– Wide ranging educational competence: F+U is the provider of a University of Applied Sciences for Business, Technology and Culture, an International University of Cooperative Education, bilingual schools (primary school and Gymnasium), a Realschule and a number of colleges specialising in commercial and vocational foreign language training.From September 2017 F+U will also offer the International Baccelaureate® diploma programme for international students.
– International boarding school since September 2016: accommodation for learners under the age of 18.
– A dedicated 24/7 telephone service number
– Test centre for TOEFL®, TestDaF, TestAS, TOEIC®, LCCI, OnSET, ECDL and other examinations and tests.
– State-recognised Vocational college for Foreign Languages
– Memberships and partnerships: FaDaF (Fachschaft Deutsch als Fremdsprache); VDP (Federal Association of Private Schools in Germany); AOK (Allgemeine Ortskrankenkasse); Eurohodip (European Hotel Diploma); DRV (German Travel Association); Olympiastützpunkt Rhein-Neckar e.V. (Olympic Training Centre); German Youth Hostel Association
– Year-round guaranteed provision for all language courses
– Lessons on Tour: Identical language programme at two study centres: Berlin and Heidelberg
– Large selection of rooms in our own student halls of residence, apartments, with host families and in F+U’s own Bayrischer Hof hotel.
– International atmosphere (learners from over 100 countries in 2016)
– Central location in one of Germany’s most beautiful cities
Good value for money