The International Education Center at DVC is a proven program with highly qualified, professional teachers who provide just what you need to succeed, including:
1. Intensive English and academic preparation, with 8-week sessions
2. No TOEFL requirement to enroll at DVC for those who complete the Advanced B English program
3. No TOEFL requirement to enroll at DVC for those who complete the Academic Bridge programs
4. Variety of cultural and social activities
5. Housing coordinator who assists students with apartment and homestays
6. Highly motivated students: 95% continue on to universities like UC Berkeley
The International Education Center at Diablo Valley College is located in Pleasant Hill, California, which is in the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area about 30 minutes east of downtown San Francisco by direct train. With a population of around 33,000, Pleasant Hill has a varied landscape with some valleys and rolling hills. The city’s mild climate is Mediterranean-like in that there are cool and wet winters and dry, warm summers. San Francisco is considered one of the most beautiful cities in the world and boast world class museums, restaurants and stores. On the weekends, students are only a few hours away from enjoying great skiing in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, hiking in Yosemite National Park, wine tasting in the famous Napa Valley or surfing in the Pacific Ocean.